Ms. Sarah-Mae Nelson
1500 Purisima Creek Rd.
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
San Mateo-San Francisco Counties
Sarah-Mae is an educator, science communicator, and climate change communication specialist who draws on her background and interest in interpretation in informal science education centers. She has a M.S. in Climate Science and Policy from Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego and a B.S. in Marine Biology from UC Santa Cruz. She was recognized by President Obama in 2015 as a Champion of Change in Climate Education and Literacy.
SpecialtyClimate Change Interpretation, Communication, and Education
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Program and Project Design, and Statistics
- Communication, Education, and Information Delivery
- Weather and Climate
- Conservation of Biological Diversity
- Sociological and Technological Change Affecting Individuals, Families, and Communities
- Climate Change
- Responding To Climate Change