Master Food Preserver Program
Advice to Preserve By . . . Ask Us!
UC Master Food Preservers are dedicated volunteers who are trained to assist the UC Cooperative Extension staff provide up-to-date, research based food safety and preservation information to the public.
What do MFP Volunteers do?
- Answer food preservation telephone and email inquiries.
- Work in the community as local food preservation specialists.
- Staff information booths and present food preservation demonstrations at the county fair and other local events.
- Write articles for local newspapers and the MFP eNewsletter or blog.
- Teach classes on various food preservation topics.
Follow us on Facebook too! MFP Facebook
For the San Mateo/San Francisco MFP schedule of upcoming events:Upcoming Events
The MFP volunteers also provide free pressure canner testing. If you haven't had your dial gauge canner tested for accuracy in the last year, we can do that for you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time.