Due to the “Shelter in Place
” order issued for all Bay Area counties, including San Mateo
& San Francisco
, the Master Food Preservers are working remotely, and public events are canceled until further notice. All questions can be directed via email.
In the meantime, we've put together some online resources with information specifically geared toward helping you shop, cook, and eat safely during the COVID-19 pandemic, and to continue exploring and learning about the science of preserved foods. Please see our:COVID-19 food safety resources page
Preserve Today, Relish Tomorrow!
UC Master Food Preservers (MFPs) are trained volunteers who extend UC research-based information about home food safety and preservation to the public.
What do MFP volunteers do?
- Work in the community as local food preservation specialists.
- Teach classes on various food preservation topics.
- Answer food preservation inquiries by email.
- Staff information booths and present food preservation demonstrations at the county fair and other local events.
- Provide accuracy testing of home pressure canners for the public, free of charge.
Want to request a Master Food Preserver to give a workshop or talk to your group?