San Mateo County CalFresh Benefits FAQ's
San Mateo County CalFresh Benefits
I wish to apply for CalFresh! (https://hsa.smcgov.org/calfresh)
- Online application can be found at: getcalfresh.org
- Want other benefits as well? Apply at: MyBenefitsCalwin.org
- In-Person applications can be filed at the following locations:
- Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm, except for holidays (due to Covid, schedules may be different)
- Over-the-Phone applications can be filed by calling: (800) 223-8383
- CalFresh Benefits Helpline: 1-877-847-3663
- Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
I have a completed a paper application. Where do I send it?
- Mail to or drop off in person at your local office: https://hsa.smcgov.org/
I have applied but have not heard back!
- If you applied online, check your CalFresh or MyBenefitsCalwin portal to see application status
- If you have a local phone number, call (800) 223-8383 to check benefits. If you have an out of state phone number, call (650) 594-5917.
- If you applied in person, over the phone, mail or fax, call your local office. Check at: https://hsa.smcgov.org/
- Reminder: you will be contacted by a County Eligibility Worker within 3 business days of your submitting the application
I wish to change or cancel my application!
- If you applied online, changes to your online application can be made through your CalFresh or MyBenefitsCalwin portal
- If you applied in person, through the phone, mail, or fax: contact your local office at https://has.smcgov.org/, or if you have a local phone number, call (800) 223-8383. If you have an out of state phone number, call (650) 594-5917.
I wish to renew my benefits!
- Online renewal can be made through your CalFresh or MyBenefitsCalwin portal
- A renewal packet with a self-addressed stamped envelope will be mailed to your home